Going Solar – It’s Easier Than You Think
Thinking about going solar? Here’s help identifying your options.
Things to Consider
- Location, Location, Location
- Talk to solar contractors for details, but in short, solar requires southern exposure for maximum output, although east or west orientation may work.
- For best performance, there should be little or no shading year-round. Even partial shade on one portion of a panel can seriously degrade its output. Consider not only current shade but also what future shade might be caused by trees growing taller or nearby construction of tall buildings.
- Asking the Right Questions
- Use our list of considerations to ensure you get all the information you’ll need to make your project successful.
Understanding the Process
You may also want to learn about Net Metering and how you can get credit for the extra energy you generate.
Choosing a Solar Contractor
We recommend hiring a qualified contractor to design and build your system and assist with the Net Metering application process.